The Crud....

You know those colds and coughs that just stick around? They cling to everyone and everything? When you finally get rid of it, you pick up a toy your kid slept with while they were sick, and you ALL HAVE IT AGAIN!

It's here.

My brain doesn't function a full operating capacity, my focus is shot, and I get a lot of nothing done. My real estate business took a back burner, the house is a mess, and the only thing I did all weekend was stream Netflix and crochet. The kids played between naps and zoning out because of their colds, and hubby spent the weekend wrapped up and feverish in the bedroom reading books. It was a phlegmy coughing weekend. Ugh!

BUT! All was not lost. My traditional fallback is crochet, and because I've been doing it so long, I managed to be productive in the sense that I filled a couple of orders, and designed a new hat. I've even written it down. The pattern will be available soon.

I call it the Sellwood Spiral Hat. It's crocheted in a spiral, rather than rows, and it has these bands of texture created from the crossed stitches. It reminded me of the newly constructed Sellwood bridge in Portland, OR.



This slouchy hat pattern is written for all sizes between Newborn and Adult. It has room for hair, dreads, or slouch. It's light and slightly lacy. With wonderful drape, this hat is super comfy for the "not quite cold" days of fall.

Keep your eye out for the written pattern for this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You should be ASHAMED!

Dirt Therapy

Writing Exercise - Eutopia