Chilled to the core...frozen.

Today, I read a blog post that froze me in my tracks.

It outlined every single aspect of my daily battle with anxiety.

Some days, I feel like I can take on the world.


Other days, I can't even handle making my way to the kids room to wake them up for school. My son has missed school because of my inability to cope with the world. I work from home most of the time because I can work with people through email, and facebook, and accomplish things with words in silence that I'd never manage in person. 




Some days, I'm somewhere in between. I'm neither non-functioning or 110%. I'm anxious, and anti-social for no reason. There isn't some impending event, or tragedy on its way, there are no deadlines triggering it. But I'm on edge. One event can push me in either direction. I can go from mostly okay to being unable to breathe or see clearly because I had to slam on my breaks in traffic or the kids shouted at their toys one time too many. 

And society has ingrained in us that "Anxiety is an invalid excuse"(original post).

I am greater than my disability (which even the disability office doesn't recognize in some states).






It's high time to turn this notion on it's head. I'm tired of being "crazy" or "lazy" or less than human because of the chemical reactions in my brain. I'm over it. Lets do something about it! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You should be ASHAMED!

Dirt Therapy

Writing Exercise - Eutopia