Thankful Part 2

Sometimes it takes me some time to figure out how I want to say what I want to say. My thankful posts are one of those situations...

Nov 14: Cooking creativity, I learned to cook at the hands of my dad who really relied heavily on box meals. But I learned to diversify my tastes when I married into a family of amazing cooks.

Nov 15: Supportive employers and coworkers. I'll expand on this in a future post, but let's just say it's an amazing opportunity to work for and with a group of people who truly understand and appreciate your natural talents.

Nov 16: Technology. I am sitting here (nearly a month late.....whoops) writing a blog post from a computer given to me by a friend to replace the one I'm returning to the store. I just got a call from my mom over a hundred miles away, and a text from a friend in Canada. I've been able to facilitate three home sale transactions with long distance clients in multiple countries. Without the technology of the age, we wouldn't be half as efficient and productive as we are.

Nov 17: I'm thankful for family who are willing to help when we're in a bad spot. My car broke down, repeatedly. My in-laws offered to trade us for a car that ran well. We picked up our new-to-us car on Thanksgiving.

Nov 18: The roof over our heads. This goes without explanation. It's damn cold. It's nice to have a safe and stable place to have my kids grow and thrive in.

Nov 19: The food in our fridge. Again..... self-explanatory

Nov 20: Good authors, ones who make you fall in love with their fictional characters, and feel pain, sadness, anguish, happiness, joy, shyness, and embarrassment with them. JK Rowling & Terry Pratchett are both close to my heart, and every in my mind.

Nov 21: Residential Heat. I like to be warm. I don't like to be cold. My house stays warm. I am thankful for that.

Nov 22: Hot Cocoa. See above.

Nov 23: Coffee. I may have mentioned this again... I think maybe it bears mentioning again. It's a lifeblood for me.

Nov 24: Good friends and happy laughter. We drove over the mountain on this day, and we spent 2 days with family and friends. Eating way too much, drinking more than was advisable and having fun.

Nov 25: Etsy. I am thankful that I am able to share my love of crochet and jewelry making with others through my Etsy shop. Shameless plug inbound! www.lilylaneeclectic.etsy.com

Nov 26: The recognition of skills as an asset to my company. I've been brought on in a more valuable capacity than before in my job, and I'm finally stretch my creative wings in the use they were trained in. MARKETING!

Nov 27: Education. While I'm not finished with my degree, and my life got in the way of completion, I'll be returning in January to complete my AAS in Marketing. The skills I've already gained from this educational path have landed me a fantastic opportunity to grow with a company and a group of people I respect and cherish.

Nov 28: RedditGifts. I love playing secret Santa, and this allows me to play secret Santa with a complete stranger. I hope that they like my gifts!

Nov 29: Lists. Well.... see above.

Nov 30: I think hubby deserves another mention here. We have huge tiffs all the time, but in the end, we are totally and truly dedicated to each other. I struggle with self-care in the emotional side of things, he makes sure I take care of myself, even if it's just reminding me that I need to step away from work and eat something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You should be ASHAMED!

Dirt Therapy

Writing Exercise - Eutopia